SB304- SB50 limits [RE-wrenches]

sunwise at cheqnet.net sunwise at cheqnet.net
Mon Nov 12 23:52:15 PST 2001

Greetings Jay and all,

I want to say that I agree with Jay, but want to build off what he said.

jay peltz wrote:

> 1. auto/manual EQ :  most people are just not going to remember to either
> turn in on or off.

YES, BUT A REAL AUTO EQ.  MOST CC's WITH AUTO EQ KEEP THE EQ VALUES SO
LOW AS TO BE LITTLE MORE THAN WHAT THE BATTERY SHOULD ALWAYS BE SEEING.

> 3. love the box, large lugs,
YES, YES, BUT THE LUGS COULD BE EVEN LARGER AND MUCH MORE SUBSTAINTIAL.
I MAY HAVE PUSHED THE TIGHTENING SPEC'S, BUT THEY SEEM TO WANT TO ROTATE
ON THE BORAD WHEN TIGHTENING.

> 4. I also second the motion for a upgraded meter.
YUP, YOU COULD GO TO WATTS AND WATT HOURS,  ALTHOUGH THE NUMBERS GET
BIG.  ALSO ON THE AMP HOURS, PLEASE CONSIDER AN OPTION SIMILAR TO
E-METER'S LLO WHERE IN YOU CAN MAKE OR BREAK A RELAY CONTACT AT
PROGRAMABLE BATTERY CAPACITIES.

5. Kurt here, sorry about the caps.  I'd maybe add that for the price of
a couple other LED's, might be easier to illuminate different LED's for
things like bulk, absorption, and float, rather than different blink
rates (where's my stop watch).  I'd still flash the EQ LED.

6.  How much would the expense of the meter be increased if there was
more that one line of info displayed?  I'm so sick of these meters that
you either scroll through, or even worse, than continually scroll!

Kurt Nelson
SOLutions

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com