fiberglass battery boxes for lighting [RE-wrenches]

Bill Loesch, Saint Louis Solar bill_loesch at compuserve.com
Fri Nov 9 02:26:31 PST 2001

RE-wrenches said:
>At 01:30 PM 11/7/01 -0500, you wrote: > >I need information on a
manufacturer who sells fiberglass
>battery boxes > >for solar electric outdoor lighting systems.  The boxes
need to be hung on > >3 or
>4 inch poles. The boxes should be capable of holding batteries the > >size
of 2 golf cart
>batteries, minimum width of 15 " x 15"  by 16 " high. > >Thanks, > >Gator
Tom

Tom,

Hoffman Engineering Company in Anoka, Minnesota (as well as others) makes
Electrical Enclosures in fiberglass as well as other materials. Typically,
they have provisions for back mounting using bolt studs at the box corners.
You  might want to put an angle or channel across the back; using the studs
at the top and the bottom and use a 3 or 4 inch ubolt to tie to the angle
or channel.

You are likely aware that more than one mount manufacturer also makes
battery boxes, too? Any recommendations there?

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - St Louis Solar

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com