Batteryless Bergey XL.1 ? [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dpratt at pacific.net
Thu Nov 8 19:51:02 PST 2001

Wrenches:
  One of our Real Goods in-store techies just returned from a 1-week
turbine installing class given by SEI in Kansas. (For women only! Cool!)
They put up an XL.1 with a Bergey 84' tower. Sunny said there was some
rough welding, and semi-funky finish work on the generator insides, but
it seems to be cosmetic only. She said the 84-foot tower kit was a thing
of great and practical beauty. The sections slip together like bell-end
pipe, all hardware, fittings, cable, and even guy anchors were included.
It went together easily, all the parts were there, and it was nice to
work with. The new Bergey tower kits, or at least the one they supplied
for this class, got a solid two thumbs up.
-Doug Pratt