third Party Installations [RE-wrenches]

Lee Tavenner, Solar Plexus solplex at montana.com
Thu Nov 8 11:24:38 PST 2001

 There are some PV installers who happen to be electricians and have done
enviable installations in our area, but in the past month we have been called
out ("Can you come NOW?" I might add.) on three sites to fix and finish jobs
that three different electricians did and couldn't make work.  I don't think
being an electrician necessarily qualifies a person to do PV installation any
more than being an auto mechanic who can troubleshoot the electrical problems
in a vehicle qualifies one.  Sometimes a little bit of knowledge is dangerous.
The secret is knowing your limitations.  We all need to be willing to ask
credible sources for answers and solutions when we're doing things for the
first time or feel at all uncomfortable with the task at hand.  It is great to
see the wrenches forum used to that end and if it gives solar a better name in
the long run it is a win/win situation for everyone.  Thanks Michael, for
keeping this forum alive.    Lee

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm