LED volt meter [RE-wrenches]

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind cvsolar at aol.com
Wed Oct 10 19:02:26 PDT 2001

Todd,
   I have two BCM meters that were originally made by SunAmp Power in Mesa,
Arizona.  I think I have seen them in a catalog somewhere recently so they
are still available.  I have actually been thinking of including one with
every system in addition to the E-meter I install as they tend to instill
false fear that the batteries are low and some of my customers need a jolt
once in awhile.  I still use one on a secondary system in my house (3  40
watt Kyosera panels -1980 vintage) that powers my 12v SunFrost.  It is at the
bottom of the cellar stairs and if I see green down there, I don't worry
about that system, when it is yellow I keep a closer eye and when red,
especially blinking red, time to start the crossover battery charger.
My first install in 1994 had (and still has)one and their Sears golf cart
batteries lasted 7 years...just replaced them with Trojan L16's.  I thought
about trying to sell him an e-meter but he is happy with the simple lights.

John
CVsolar

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com