Protection Now Please [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch, Home Power michael.welch at homepower.com
Wed Oct 3 09:43:42 PDT 2001

Usually I reply to this sort of thing off list, but that did not seem to be working.

Just a reminder to all that this type of posting is not OK. This is not a place to post your personal virus preferences, or to give advice (either good or bad) about how to deal with viruses.

Unless, of course, your inverter manages to get a virus.

And also please note, I AM able to enforce the rules if need be.

Tom Lane wrote at 07:27 AM 10/03/2001 -0400:

>Osama Bin Laden and the Al-Qaeda network have launched a cyber war against the US from Istanbul and other countries.  Extremely viruses are attacking our computers' networks daily and are upgraded daily.
>
>I know Michael cannot enforce any rules - but please get an updated virus programa nd download updates daily, along with daily rescue files and backups.  I'm planning to use one computer for e-mails alone and one to keep all my business files on. It's extremely serious.  I've gotten viruses before but nothing like this last cyber attack. Someone more intelligent and svy about computer protection needs to chime in about this.

Michael Welch

------------------------
"The tragedy of modern war is not so much that young men die but that they die fighting each other - instead of their real enemies back home in the capitals."
			Edward Abbey

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com
     Managing Editor, Home Power magazine
     Office Coordinator, Redwood Alliance
     (Not HP mag numbers) 707-822-7884 fax: 707-822-3481

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com