Refer / freezer improvements technique request [RE-wrenches]

blair Tump may tump at midcoast.com
Fri Sep 21 08:10:51 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>

>For all of you who have added external insulation to your boxes, would you
>care to share how and what you did to make it not look like a cobbled
>addition?

Be careful adding insulation to the out side of your reefer, the condensing
coils are now ( in most) wrapped around the outside of the box. Seems
stupid to me as we would, in an intelligent design world,  want to keep the
heat from the box not next to it. Who knows maybe there is some space age
reflective material from NASA that they use for insulation.....NOT!

#1 is making sure that there is adequate air circulation around the unit
,CLEAN the fan blades and the coils you can get to under the unit!    TEMP
= PRESSURE more heat = higher head pressure in the unit =larger demand for
start and running.

  A cycle timer we use, setting off times during the night.We have
monitored temps and they DO rise but the thermometer acts on ambient air
temp (w/in the box) and will cycle due to air NOT product temp. with the
timer you can set any # of cycle times
  10-12am off on 12-12.30am, 12.30- 2.00 off you get the idea.....

>TIA,
>
>Bill Loesch
>Solar 1 - St. Louis Solar
>
>- - - -

>List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

>Hosted by Home Power magazine

Solarwinds NorthernLights
Serving Mid Coast Maine & Northern California
          610-517-8401              707-498-2804

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm