Intertie Installation Shlock [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 4 08:51:51 PDT 2001

Doug,

Actually, I would like to know the installer's name. I do the training and
troubleshooting for the CEC's program, and this is the stuff we try to keep
from happening. This system sounds like how many things can you get wrong in
a single installation.

It also sounds like they have the modules wired for a 36-volt nominal
battery. There is no way in the world that array will ever come close to
full power except for a few cold days in the winter. Open circuit voltage is
less than 52 volts on a hot day folks. I really appreciate your
conscientiousness in helping solve the problems, but there is absolutely no
option--the array must be rewired.

Incidentally, the CEC is very interested in problems like this. They know
these things are happening, but the people in the field are the eyes and
ears of the program. It is your duty as a member of this industry to help
raise the level of system installations. It's not like we need KGB
informants on bad systems, but we want to get the newbies (and some oldies)
headed in the right direction.

Bill.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm