Couple of things [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch, Home Power michael.welch at homepower.com
Fri Aug 31 09:59:51 PDT 2001

Hello. First I wanted to take a moment to explain why we need to keep chit chat and non-wrench posts to a minimum on this list.

Most of the Wrench list followers are very busy folks. The number one complaint I get is that there are too many emails coming through the list. This may seem strange to those of us that deal with hundreds of pieces of email every day, but it is reality for many of the rest of us.

List managers have what is euphemistically called a "signal to noise ratio" taken from broadcast terminology. In a nutshell, a good signal to noise ratio makes it easy to receive the wanted broadcast over any unwanted static coming in.

Let's improve our signal to noise ratio. For the sake of those that want to receive only wrench related emails, please leave everything else for off-list discussions.

Second, many of you have slipped back into sending formatted and html text to the list. Please set your mail program to send plain text only to the Wrenches list. Formatted text and other html are not allowed on the list.

If you do not know how to keep your emailer from sending formatted text or html, please go to the following web site and follow the directions for setting up your email client to send plain text only.

Configuring Mail Clients to Send Plain ASCII Text
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/1236/nomime.html

Also, please read our list rules & etiquette:

Michael Welch

------------------------
"I'm hopeful. I know there is a lot of ambition in Washington, obviously. But I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely to succeed with success as opposed to failure."
			Resident George "Dubya" Bush

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com
     Managing Editor, Home Power magazine
     Office Coordinator, Redwood Alliance
     (Not HP mag numbers) 707-822-7884 fax: 707-822-3481

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com