Potty Aeration [RE-wrenches]

Jim Hartley grail at inil.com
Wed Aug 22 10:28:26 PDT 2001

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar wrote:
> Not to mention you can't chew your fingernails for a few days!

Thanks, Travis, for your most sobering imagery.  Happily, it is not MOI
who must "handle" this situation.  That poor devil is an electrician
with the National Park Service.  Considering that I have yet to hear
back from him on this little task, I suspect he is putting things off as
long as possible.  He was quick to note, and most poignantly, "Oh,
there's no rush..."

> ----------
> >From: Ray Walters <remotech at taosnm.com>

> >Are you proposing to submerge an air stone in the stuff? Or are we
> >talking
> >about a vent blower similar to the Zephyr Power vent?

The exact current details of this set up aren't real clear other than
what is now being used is an air blower in line with diffusers of some
sort I gather.  The problem isn't so much with that process as it has to
do with the small genset they're using for power.  It's cycling so
frequently it has gotten to the point it doesn't fire up reliably
anymore.  Plus it's noisy.  They want to use PV instead and maybe rework
the aeration set-up.

> >I had the displeasure of changing out a 12 vdc computer fan installed on
> >the vent of one of Mike Reynold's early "solar incinerator" toliets. Man
> >it
> >stank! Just handing the old fan during removal, left a stench on my
> >fingers
> >that was unwashable for around 48 hours.
> >Just thought you should be fore warned.

Thanks for the concern. I'm not going near this job if I can help it.
I'll save my fingers for dialing the phone.....

Jim Hartley
http://www.homestead-specialties.com
JamesHartley at homestead-specialties.com
Direct Email: grail at inil.com