solar thermal pumps [RE-wrenches]

Bill Loesch, Saint Louis Solar bill_loesch at compuserve.com
Tue Aug 21 03:44:54 PDT 2001

Kurt Nelson said:
>The collector is 5  (possibly six), 4x8 Solar Kings ground mounted about
forty feet from the house.
> I would like to run the pump(s) PV direct and it would seem that there is
a shortage of pumps to
>choose from here.  I was thinking two Hartel HEH-10's (did I get the model
numer right) and would
>welcome other suggestions.

Kurt ,

You may already be aware there are a few pump manufacturers available to do
this task:
Hartell, March, El-SID and maybe others.

Perhaps Jeff Wolfe will give you (and me) a refresher course on fluid
dynamics to clarify big tube v small tube, etc.

Where did you locate the Solar Kings? I'm refurbishing a neglected system
which used one of their earlier models, the Double Glazed (DG15) and have
need for some enclosures. If you have additional collectors available
please contact me offline.

Thanks and good luck,

Bill Loesch
bill_loesch at compuserve.com