ST versus Sunny boy [RE-wrenches]

Baran Galocy livewire at c-zone.net
Tue Aug 14 17:53:24 PDT 2001

Concerning the readouts and de-rating,

I have installed a SB-2500U with a built-in display.  This display keeps
track of day-to-day cumulative generation, as well as the daily output and
real-time dc voltage tracking.  The Sunny Boy has software that de-rates the
output when temperatures get too high.  This allows the unit to run cooler,
and get back to its maximum efficiency in a short period of time.  The Sun
Tie shuts down power production entirely when the temperature rises.  I
can't get over 1,320 watts out of a ST-2000 before thermal cycling heads its
ugly rear, even though I have 1,750 - 1,900 watts trying to be efficiently
inverted.  To Trace's credit, they are shipping 2 more SunTies and two
shipping labels to return the old ones.   I look forward to the days when
this equipment has become ubiquitous from the research and development view.
What good is cutting edge when all it does is bite you?

Rant Off  -  Baran @ HelioElectric

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm