ST versus Sunny boy [RE-wrenches]

Solar Technologies rdenault at solartechnologies.com
Tue Aug 14 07:40:24 PDT 2001

This result is what we have also seen in the field, but without quite the
thorough regimen of testing that Bill used.  In our case, we're using a 24
panel string of Kyocera KC120s, which produced about 2100 watts max from the
Sunny Boy at solar noon in coastal California.  Noteworthy is that they also
were still producing 1000 watts at 4 PM under fairly heavy fog.  (Evidence
of good MPPT software.)  We would add one more observation of the comparison
of the ST to the SB:

The STs appear to produce a significant amount of RF interference in the
lower AM radio band
No such interference was noted in the SB

Roger DeNault
Solar Technologies