48V hardware [RE-wrenches]

Eric Smiley Eric_Smiley at bcit.ca
Tue Jul 31 10:32:11 PDT 2001

Square D has an company rating for QO breakers at 125 Volts DC, up to 70
Amps, when a two pole breaker is connected in series. Similiar to what
Bill is describing. It's nice to know that at least Square D accepts
them in that configuration.

As long as we're talking about non-UL ratings ... Cutler-Hammer/Eaton
HQP breakers also have an company rating of 48 Volts DC, 5kAIR or 80
volts DC, 2kAIR.

Square D also makes the QO breakers in what they call unit mount, called
QOU. These can be mounted on  DIN rail and have a 48 volt DC rating at
up to 70 Amps, but at 80 to 100 Amps they have a UL listed 60 Volt DC
rating per pole.

Eric Smiley
Project Leader - BCIT Technology Centre
NE25-3700 Willingdon Ave. Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2
ph: (604)432-8657  esmiley at bcit.ca  www.tc.bcit.ca

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm