SW 5548 [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin - Electrical Energy solar at eagle-access.net
Sat Jun 16 10:06:12 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>
Induced voltage is very common in wiring in general. I find it regularly
when troubleshooting.  It is especially common in switch legs, where an
open wire runs next to a wire with ac voltage.  Although it is annoying, it
isn't hazardous.  Sometime the induced voltage is sufficient to light an
induction type voltage probe, which does produce false readings.  A multi
meter is necessary to diagnose wiring where this induced voltage is present.

Drake

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com