Carflex revisited [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Mon May 28 22:56:58 PDT 2001

John,

690-7(a) tosses you into 110-27 on guarding of live parts which states "(4)
By elevation of 8 ft (2.44 m) or more above the floor or other working
surface" as a means of protection from live parts. Therefore, no
groundmounting of plug-connected systems a low levels where kiddies can get
to them--makes sense to me.

If USE-2 or tray cable is properly strain relieved, it should be fine in an
accessible ground mounted array. The trick is keeping it from becoming a
handle for kids to swing on--that is problem with conduit as well.

See my post to Joel about MC-connectors.

Bill.