AC pump starting currents [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Bald Mtn. Solar toddcory at jps.net
Tue May 22 15:08:15 PDT 2001

I suppose as with anything there is a maximum efficiency point, and running at
a low output the control electronics overhead would eat into the overall
efficiency. I also thought that a variable speed pump was a bit overkill for a
residential water system, but the local well drill is pushing them... probably
for the folks that have money burning holes in their pockets like this guy
does. :)

Todd

"Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources" wrote:

> We have one in and it runs great. I know others have them in, similarly
> running great. We've only used the Grundfos SQ models. The SQE have the
> true variable frequency drive and ability to reduce pressure tank et al. I
> would be cautious about using them both due to "more electronics" and also
> due to increased run time. Yes it's running at a reduced load, but do we
> really want anything running longer? I think it's a little overkill to use
> variable speed pumping for residential use.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com