stoves [RE-wrenches]

Mark Downing solarman4 at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 20:19:25 PDT 2001

I sold a couple of the stainless steel units, and have
some pros and cons to pass on.

+The linear burner controls are a pleasure to use.
The older units did nearly all of their adjusting in a
rather narrow range of rotation.  This resulted in the
burner going out when you try to turn it down.

+The ovens are huge.

-They are not entirely stainless. Only the doors and
part of the backguard are stainless.  The rest is a
high quality baked on finish, except for 2 plastic
parts, more later.

-The backguards have "thermoplastic" ends.  The units
I sold were installed side-by-side.  Within the first
2 weeks the 2 plastic ends where the units came
together melted.  Premier said it was because the
units weren't designed to be used side-by-side.  They
did give me new parts to put on.  I found it strange
to have plastic parts on something advertised as
"Stainless Steel Professional series".

Overall they have a very good product.  However I
think they need to take another crack at a truly
"professional" class unit.

--- Chris Daum <info at oasismontana.com> wrote:
> Hello folks:
>
> Peerless Premier presently offers a 24 and 30 inch
> stainless steel range
> ("industrial type") with electronic ignition on
> burners and oven/broiler
> (as are their other electronic ignition models).
> They're coming out with a
> 6 burner 36" stainless model sometime in July.  They
> are pretty easy to do
> business with; their number is 618-233-0475 (fax
> 618-235-1771).
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris Daum
> Oasis Montana Inc.