grid tie utility metering requirements [RE-wrenches]

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources global at sover.net
Wed Apr 25 20:13:36 PDT 2001

Todd,

In Vermont, the utility is ALLOWED to install a second meter, but is is
their cost. They are not allowed to charge any fee not charged to any other
customer. (The PSB still requires net metered systems to ahve insurance,
but no fees). The utility will change out a meter if required so that the
meter can go backwards.

Although mandated, we still do not have tariffs for net metering on TOU and
demand charge systems.

If you are interested, I can point you to the exact info on the www.

Jeff

Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
Global Resource Options, LLP
A Woman-Owned Vermont Limited Liability Partnership
4 Kibling Hill Road
P.O. Box 51
Strafford, VT 05072
802/765-4632