substitute for Todd battery chargers [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison, Alternative Energy Systems ellison at gisco.net
Tue Apr 24 02:16:37 PDT 2001

The owner is an architect, so hopefully they are designed carry
the weight.  The system was set up by another electrical contracting
outfit, and approved by inspectors before we saw it. Go figure, better fuse
that pack, 1 fuse every couple strings. I sure would hate to see it run
away.....

A third inverter might be the way to go.  May be a better plan would be for
the owner to sell off some of the batteries and the 3 phase generator and
buy a single phase gen-set.  That is the way to go if the option is
available.
We are on time to help get the loads to the
house, as of yet unbuilt, suitable for an off grid system. Now THAT I like
to hear, I regularly sound like a broken record when I try to get people to
cut power use and get efficient appliances. I probably lose more system
sales because of that than any other reason. They accuse me of lying when I
tell them that I average 111 kWh a month and could cut more, but am close to
the point of diminishing returns.

Later,
Bob

Thanks for the food for thought.