Questions - looking for feedback on the Remote SWRC [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar, Positive Energy, Inc. allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Fri Apr 13 11:40:51 PDT 2001

    My two cents: let's get our priorities straight. We have never seen the
need for the SW remote accessory until we started using the PS series. In
this case, it's not the remote capacity that matters, it's the lack of
generator EQ initiation, coupled with the volatile memory, that makes the
control panel essential. On last week's job, we mounted the remote outside
next to the inverter and coiled the cable in the PSCB.
    So it's a control and programming tool, not a daily-use system monitor
like the Tri-Met. It's a bass-ackwards solution to a problem that shouldn't
exist in the first place. Go ahead and find a cabling solution, but don't
forget to address the real issues.

Allan at PosE