approved disconnects [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch, Home Power michael.welch at homepower.com
Wed Apr 4 18:52:20 PDT 2001

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources wrote at 06:41 PM 4/4/2001:

>They are quite OK with a unfused disconnect.  From today's thread it looks
>like many other utilities want fused disconnects.
>
>Travis
>
>> That still does not deal with the owner needing access to the fuse in the
>box if it blows.

I'm sorry if I was unclear. The A/C type pullout disconnects ARE fused. My point is that if it is locked closed and a fuse blows, the utility would have to come out to unlock the box so the owner could change the fuse -- another reason why PG&E did not allow us to use that disconnect.

But further postings by wrenches indicate that the utility is not requiring that the box be lockable closed. If that is the case, where are they going to hang the lock when they leave it? I suppose that maybe line workers (how's that for PC?) could just start carrying some locks with them, but that is not how PG&E was doing it when they checked our intertie install.

Michael Welch

------------------------
"Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top."
			Edward Abbey

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com
     Associate Editor, Home Power magazine
     Office Coordinator, Redwood Alliance
     (Not HP mag numbers) 707-822-7884 fax: 707-822-3481

- - -
To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

Archive of previous messages: