module testing [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 4 10:31:43 PDT 2001

Carl,

The tests we will run will be similar to the European "Yield" tests where we
are measuring the number of kWh/kW of modules. Amp/Hour tests are typically
done on stand-alone systems. Over 75% of the grid-connected systems
installed in California have battery backup, so our tests will obviously
need to address these systems. This puts us in a less-defined arena
somewhere between the kWh/kW test and the Amp/hour test. As I think about
it, this would actually be a simplified Amp/hour test since we are going to
operate the battery at float (27 Volts or 54 Volts, temperature compensated)
and simply measure current from each string of modules. If we are successful
in our proposal, I would be happy to share our test procedure with anyone
who cares to get into the details.

I have just completed the first draft of a PV System Installation Guide for
the California Energy Commission. If anyone is interested in reviewing it
and providing some comments, please email me directly <billb at endecon.com>
and I will be happy to email you a PDF version of the guide (it is about 1MB
in size). I would greatly appreciate thoughtful criticism.

Bill.

- - -
To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com