Sq D as combiner box [RE-wrenches]

Phil Undercuffler phil at positivenergy.com
Wed Apr 4 07:51:21 PDT 2001

Can't see why not, although my understanding is that the Heineman breaker
will not provide the AIC that the QO needs--you must use a current limiting
fuse.

Also no reason why you can't make it a surface mount box at the power
center, run separate conductors for each series string (easier to pull 4
pairs of #6 or 8 than one pair of 1/0, after all).  You could tie the busses
together to eliminate double lugging and use a backfed (backsupplied?)
breaker as the array disconnect.

Phil Undercuffler
Positive Energy