Results of test yet? [RE-wrenches]

Steve Willey, Backwoods Solar steve at backwoodssolar.com
Thu Mar 22 17:02:56 PST 2001

Right, charging a battery without pulse, then successfully charging
with pulsing MUST be compared to charging another battery from that same set
TWICE but without the pulse both times. Because in my experience a badly
sulfated battery that will not respond to the first charge will eventually
respond to subsequent charges. So to test chemical or electrical battery
cures there really has to be an identical condition battery (a hard thing to
prove to start with) that is tested identically along side with only the
chemical or pulsing missing from its treatment.

I have received email from a fellow named Paul Clint who claims to pulse at
the resonant frequency of a battery. He claims a computer finds and
duplicates this.  While a battery may have capacity within the plates, I
fail to see where a resonant circuit is formed unless the external
transformer based charger forms the L segment of an LC circuit.  Anyway I
encouraged him to send his $50 sample to home power for testing.

Steve Willey   steve at backwoodssolar.com   www.backwoodssolar.com
Backwoods Solar Electric Systems
A catalog business on a mountain
2 miles from utility lines,
powered entirely by our catalog products.
IF UTILITY POWER IS 1/2 MILE OR MORE FROM YOUR SITE,
get our free 160 page solar-electric Planning Guide/Catalog.
(Your postal address required - Our list is never given or sold).
Phone(208)263-4290  Fax (208) 265-4788  in Idaho, USA