24VDC to 48VDC [RE-wrenches]

jay peltz jay at asis.com
Sat Mar 17 22:10:49 PST 2001

Hi John,

don't touch the 403.

You could use a Vanner equilizer or maybe get dan Pringle from Solar converters
to make you a eq.   I'm pretty sure there is not going to be any easy or cheap
way to do this well.  What about getting the machine rewound, Bergey would
probably give you the specs??

I'm interested in seeing how this one turns out!!

Jay
Peltz Power

"John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind" wrote:

> Wrenches,
>      Are there any products out there that will convert 24v to 48v
> efficiently and at an affordable price.  I  have a customer who wants a
> dependable, reasonably priced wind generator and the Bergey XL1 fits his
> price range but the XL1 comes only at 24v and his system is a 48v system (due
> to the distance from his array to the house.  With 20-20 hindsight, I would
> have bit the bullet and run a heavier cable to his array and kept it at 24v.
> (which I did on a later project and already have an order for a Bergey).   He
> has dual 4048's so changing the inverters is out of the question.  He has
> asked about an Air403 which is made in a 48v version but I don't want to sell
> him one as it won't produce enough power to waste the money on a lead in
> wire. Any suggestions?
>
> John
> Central Vermont Solar & Wind
>
> - - - - - - -
> To send a message:
>  RE-wrenches at topica.com
>
> The archive of previous messages:
>  http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/
>
> List rules & etiquette:
>  http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm
>
> To unsubscribe send a message to:
>
> To check out the other RE-Wrench participants:
>  www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/index.html
>
> Hosted by Home Power magazine:
>  www.homepower.com
>
> For info contact list moderator by email:
>  michael.welch at homepower.com

> T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
> Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Topics You Choose.
> http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: