Unisolar Roofing [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 15 17:32:46 PST 2001

I just downloaded the report and read it quickly. It is a very nice piece of
work but is focused on low-light conditions. They admit that they used
manufacturers information to scale the results of their tests for a-Si. I
believe this to be one fatal flaw with their analysis. Hopefully time will
prove me wrong. I look forward to next year's report from these folks.

Amorphous changes dramatically in many respects as it attenuates, so to use
a non-light-soaked module to determine performance versus irradiance is
potentially a huge mistake.

Their yield number then took these "suspect" numbers and ran them through a
simulation program. It beats no information by a long shot, but we need
more.

Bill.

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com