Panel Performance Software [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 14 14:02:43 PST 2001

It is the original mother of all dos-based simulation programs from the
1980's. Most software out today has copied it in one form or another. It is
a very simple monthly simulation that has been well-validated with field
performance data. It is sold through the University of Wisconsin in Madison
(Solar Energy Laboratory). Many of these other simulations may be flashier,
I'm far too cynical about field performance to put much faith in a computer
simulation.

Simulations are for simulated PV systems which only work for simulated
people (okay, that's a little over the top). There is a valid place for
simulations but most of the assumptions that people use for their
simulations are far too generous. It takes a clear understanding of
real-world systems to properly use a simulation program. That is why most
simulators are upset with actual PV output whereas it is better to have a
more conservative view of system output and only get disappointed when
something goes wrong with the system.

Bill.

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com