Trace PV series DC grounding [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 14 13:42:22 PST 2001

The unit takes either configuration and they are equally safe. The key is
keeping your corrected Voc under 600V and your operating voltage above 375
Volts. This usually means 24 modules in series or 12 on each pole in a
bipolar array. You can make a case that a bipolar may be slightly safer
since the voltage is closer to ground--this only holds for ground-faults.

OOps, you live in Canada. Not sure what to recommend for you. Code will not
allow more than 22 modules in series on this inverter in cold climates which
is too low an operating voltage on a hot summer day. Good luck.

Bill.

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: