Unisolar Roofing [RE-wrenches]

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources global at sover.net
Tue Mar 13 08:19:36 PST 2001

Holt,

The field applied standing seam roofing could not be easier to apply.
Around here, the metal pans get rolled out on-site. We simply apply the PV
on the ground, and then the roofer puts it on the roof. Need to make sure
they understand how to build a ridge cap that works for it, but other than
that, it's very easy.

Make sure the builder understands that the roof must be GALVALUM, not
galvanized. If painted, surfaec must be a Kynar finish. All very standard
producs, just some builders aren't too familiar with them.

The next project we do with this, we will pre-wire the panels with
harnesses that the roofer can then drop through the ridge. This will keep
us totally off the roof, all wiring inside.

Anyone have a source for good push together terminals rated for DC? (about
55VOC, 4A ISC)?

The biggest problem with the factory applied stuff is the shipping costs.
PV's made in Troy Michigan, Metal pans made somewhere in US, all shipped to
Mexico, then shipped to your job site (minimum 18'3" long pans!). Maybe ok
for someone in the SW, but not in the NE.

Jeff

Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
Global Resource Options, LLP
A Woman-Owned Vermont Limited Liability Partnership
4 Kibling Hill Road
P.O. Box 51
Strafford, VT 05072
802/765-4632