PS Inverter [RE-wrenches]

R. Sparks Scott sharkey at mrsharkey.com
Mon Mar 5 16:32:52 PST 2001

>I agree it is a pain in the ass to resplice all of these leads, but it is
>not uncommon in the control industry to "roll-your-own" DB connectors.
>Here's how you do it:
>etc...

	Been there, done that over & over & over... There's a quicker way, use
ribbon cable and insulation-displacement DB-25 connectors to make a
male-to-female pigtail that will fit through the K.O. Ribbon cable can be
rolled into a tube with the connector in place and inserted through the
K.O., so it's not even necessary to fabricate the pigtail on site. If you
aren't going to run very far, forget any additional cables to extend the
pigtail. I run 6' of ribbon on my SW to the main control panel which has
been removed from the cbainet and remoted on the other side of the
equipment room wall and have never noticed any problems. Could possibly run
much longer, as long as the LED's in the display get enough current on the
thin ribbon cable wire.
	ALSO, a $295 remote panle is *not* the only way to adjust the programming
on a PS or SW inverter. Wrenches list protocols prevent me from plugging a
product, but if you were to do a search for  "Winverter" on Alta Vista or
Lycos, you might be able to discover something about it on your own.

	-S

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: