3 phase inverters [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Fri Mar 2 13:27:49 PST 2001

Todd,

I wonder if it is possible to use 3 AEI GC-1000's?  Each one tied to it's
own and different phase to neutral which would match up with the 120 output
of the GC-1000?  Of course you get 208 across any two phases but two
inverters will only get you up to 2 kW and then would unbalance the neutral
just a little.

I have a few industrial customers with 3 phase "wild" 240 but you probably
aren't dealing with that as it tends to be in pretty old places and the
owners of these systems learned a long time ago to warn contractors about it
before they tried to add a single phase 120 load to the 240 wild leg.  Don't
want to do that...  I am talking about the "wild" leg where you get 240 from
the wild phase to neutral but still only get 208 across any two phases.  If
you had something like that on your hands the 3 inverter idea probably would
not work.

I think you be be much better off cost wise with 3 GC-1000's than going with
a Trace PV5.

Let me know what you find out.

Travis
----------
>From: "Todd Cory, Bald Mtn. Solar" <toddcory at jps.net>
>To: Wrenches <RE-wrenches at topica.com>
>Subject: 3 phase inverters [RE-wrenches]
>Date: Fri, Mar 2, 2001, 1:27 PM
>

>Does anyone know of a manufacturer for 3 phase 208 volt output sine wave
>inverters? I need something that will provide for around 3 kW of
>intermittent loading.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Todd Cory
>

>- - - - - - -
>To send a message:
> RE-wrenches at topica.com
>
>The archive of previous messages:
> http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/
>
>List rules & etiquette:
> http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm
>
>To unsubscribe send a message to:
>
>To check out the other RE-Wrench participants:
> www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/index.html
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine:
> www.homepower.com
>
>For info contact list moderator by email:
> michael.welch at homepower.com

>T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
>Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Topics You Choose.
>http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: