Generator manual [RE-wrenches]

Mark Downing solarman4 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 13:35:11 PST 2001

Not off-topic at all in my opinion; rather exactly
what the list is for - seeking help from fellow
wrenches.

I was able to get a manual, schematics etc for a 30+
year old generator from Grainger.  They found it in a
file somewhere and photocopied it for me.  You just
gotta be lucky enough to get a helpful person willing
to dig a little.  I think I called the tech support
number 847-913-7400 or possibly the parts number
800-323-0620.  If you want, I could find the number of
the FAX that the info came from.  Maybe the same kind,
ambitious individual still works there.  Or better
yet, maybe someone on the list has the info you need.

Good luck,
Mark, HAP
--- "Frank Fowler, Crystal Pines Alt. Energy "
<cpae1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Michael,
>  This may be somewhat off-topic, but I have run out
> of sources, and I beleive
> someone else posted a similar request some time ago.
> Anyway, here goes.....
> I have a customer who has a Signal Corp. model
> PE-197 5KW 120vac, Hobart
> generator, Hercules 4 cyl. gas engine manufactured
> in the 50's (he thinks),
> that he needs to find a service manual with
> electrical schematics. He just
> won't opt for a newer model genset. Can anyone help
> with finding such a
> dinosaur?
>
> SUNcerely,
> Frank Fowler