Heat redistribution/timer [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Wed Feb 21 15:27:40 PST 2001

Gary,

Most often, air handler motors are 120.  Perhaps you look at changing the
240 motor to a 120.  The new motor is cheaper than a T-240 and you could get
a chance to a more efficient motor while you are it.  Also why are you
looking at using a timer instead of a thermostat or even a simple snap disk
switch?

Why does he want to run it with his system?  To save money?  He could save
more money by running his fridge and lighting with solar year round or
perhaps some other loads that you are could set up easier than this air
handler fan.

I'm not trying to head you off on a different road just offering some
thoughts.  The customer might not go for this either but Northern Tool and
Equipment and many others offer the little electronic cooling fans that move
a lot of air and many of them are available in 12 volts.  They could be
mounted in the corners of the doors.

Good luck!

Travis Creswell
Ozark Solar