Wrench-Referrals list? [RE-wrenches]

carl reuter creuter at rocketmail.com
Tue Feb 20 22:16:34 PST 2001

I can see the sense of moving referrals off this list.As far as the
thorny issue of making that new list exclusive property of the
installers vs any list member; it seems to me the installers should
get the edge on those referrals.As an installer in California,I pass
on the customers that have already bought the gear somewhere else
because I'd be crazy to give a five year warranty on a job I only
made my hourly wage on with no extra profit incentive.The percent of
members who really install is lessening all the time and even though
I appreciate non-installer feedback and knowledge, I'd prefer to not
have to compete with the big outfits any more than I already
do.Education is a big part of responding to these people and the
better part of them are merely curious,but the serious ones eat up a
lot of time  and helping them make their shopping list so they can
low-ball it somewhere else is tough on the smaller guys.That having
been said, Im not a real fan of exclusion either. Carl Reuter

=====

Land and Sea Solar, Renewable Energy Systems.  Email: carl at landandseasolar.com.   Phone:831-252-5040  website:http://www.landandseasolar.com

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com