Wrench-Referrals list? [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch, Home Power michael.welch at homepower.com
Tue Feb 20 12:04:45 PST 2001

Holt  Kelly wrote at 11:31 AM 02/20/2001 -0800:

>My vote is to make the prospect list seperate for the privacy reasons. As
>is, the prospects could start getting spammed with email that mentions the
>REwrenches sight as the source. Not good PR or good business in my opinion.

Actually, the one thing somebody cannot get from Topica archives is a person's email address. Their software automatically truncates any email addresses within a message to make them unusable.

But they can still get the other info, and anybody that clicks on the otherwise unusable email address can still send that person a message.

For an example of this, look in the message archives for Chuck Heath's N. California lead. You will see that in the message sent out to the list, the full address for the lead appears as dbad1 at jps.net but when you go to the archives that address looks like dba- at jps.net and is hot linked to a special Topica method for sending the link email.

Please note: Any message you redirect to the list that has its original full message headers will appear just fine in the list, but when you go to the archives, the message ends where the original headers begin. That means that when Kurt redirects his referrals including their original message headers, and says "Scroll down for ..." the actual referral does not show up in the archives because Topica software truncates the message at the header. All you see is the "Scroll down" part with nothing to scroll down to.

Michael Welch

------------------------
"Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top."

			Edward Abbey

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com
      Associate Editor, Home Power magazine
      Office Coordinator, Redwood Alliance
      (Not HP mag's #s) 707-822-7884 fax: 707-822-3481

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages:

List rules & etiquette: