becoming an inter-tie system [RE-wrenches]

Wallace Stahle, Future Elec. Energy Co. wstahle at slonet.org
Sun Feb 18 12:48:32 PST 2001

   Re:  PV-GFP

>>  We usually stick it in an off-the-shelf 8-10-4 box, but if
>> anybody's come up with a more elegant solution, please let us know.
>> -Doug Pratt
>

>> Hello  REnches

I have done one of theese where I took William Millers solution and used
a Murray 12/24 (I believe) load center removed the buss assembly,
offset the PVGFI to match up to the circut breaker knockout and voila- a
ready made enclosure for the GFP.  I did have to file the KO opening  a
bit to fit the DC-CB  and do some attentive layout for the CB mount
location.  ( pop two  CB-KOs, lay GFP loose in can, locate  GFP in KO,
remove cover, mark mounting holes on GFP base)    It was clean.  The
only gray area was the wire bending space coming out of the GFP as it is
offset in the can to match up with the CB -ko's.The beauty of thia
approach is the easily opened door to inspect the the breaker with out
removing screws.
See Ya,
 Wally Stahle

To send a message: