stacking inverters [RE-wrenches]

Clive Wilkins, PowerSense powersense at horizon.co.fk
Fri Feb 16 04:26:50 PST 2001

<Has anyone used the SW parallel stacking interface? Does
it work?  >

I have used the SWI/PAR/E (  220/240 vac. 50Hz. )with three systems and they
work extremely well,but I did run into some big gensets........soooo

I always include an ON/OFF/ON switch with these systems to avoid the
following situation as I find customers who want big inverters  have big
gensets,
often 25Kw or larger. The inverters will see a max. of 63 amps. (15Kw)
load, after which they will parellel with the genset , so the battery does
not get charged, or not as quickly as the customer expects.At the switch I
connect the input to the inverters to the genset output  terminals. The
output from the inverters via the SWI /PAR /E  are connected to other side
of the switch. Which ever way the switch is set that power sourse powers the
load. If you know the load is going to exceed the 15Kw, set the switch to
the
genset, the inverters will charge the battery, they will not back off as
they cannot see the load. You could use a relay to do the job, but I only
rely on automatic modes if I am going to be away...I have seen too many
seized up gensets through lack of checking the oil level.

Clive Wilkinson
PowerSense
Dunnose Head Farm
Falkland Islands