Reign it in. [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch, Home Power michael.welch at homepower.com
Fri Feb 9 14:24:03 PST 2001

I have been getting a few complaints from wrench members. This list will only increase in size as more and more wrenches find out about its benefits. So we must do all we can to keep it as useful as possible as the traffic increases.

On the other hand, I have been getting some great positive feedback, too. I appreciate that. It makes me feel great to contribute to such an important industry.

The following is not prompted by any particular messages received recently, so don't point fingers at yourselves. I have been intending to write it for quite awhile.

1. Please watch out for off-topic chit chat. If you want to respond to the list, make sure it is something of value to the rest of us. Otherwise please respond directly to the poster, and off the list.

2. Please careful on your quoting. Quote only pertinent parts of the original message, and make sure there is enough there so folks know what and/or who you are referring to. Always cut out previous message footers.

3. Do not submit posts in html or any kind of styled text. Set your email program to Send Plain Text Only.

4. Do not enclose files to the list unless absolutely necessary and you believe that more than a majority of list members will want the file. The alternative is to put it out there that you have the file, and then let folks know they can email you privately for the file. Or upload the file to your own web site and provide a link to it in your email message.

5. Send all requests for such files or other things offered by one of us to that individual privately, not to the list.

Michael Welch

------------------------
"Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top."

			Edward Abbey

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com
      Associate Editor, Home Power magazine
      Office Coordinator, Redwood Alliance
      (Not HP mag's #s) 707-822-7884 fax: 707-822-3481

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages:

To unsubscribe send a message to: