Wind tower engineering [RE-wrenches]

Charlie Robb, Element Engineering element.eng at quista.net
Mon Feb 5 08:45:12 PST 2001

>    FYI....I'm all ears for info regarding GOOD wind generators and towers.
>Especially in that lower 1.5KW to 3KW range. Maybe some serious competition
>would wake up these manufacturers....maybe? Hmmmmm......rant off....

Roy, a popular machine here is the Proven 2500 (2.5kW), 3 blade downwind.
Tower options include a self-supporting 6.5m lighting column type. It is
built in Scotland and designed for harsh conditions. There are several in
the windy Falklands (Clive?) and there are lots in the UK - I have worked on
a few of them. It has recently benefitted from a blade redesign. There are
also 600W and 6kW versions, oh, and a hydro runner with the same genny. I
think there is a US agent.
Website www.provenenergy.com

Charlie

Charlie Robb
Element Engineering

Please note new address:
77 Society Road
South Queensferry
Edinburgh
EH30 9XP      UK

Tel: 0131 331 5835
Fax: 0131 331 5848
Mobile: 07887 991866

"Disclaimer:

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee and may contain
information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print
or rely on this e-mail.  If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this
e-mail."

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: