SunTie Inverters [RE-wrenches]

Pat Kiernan, Eco Electric, Inc. ecoelec at rof.net
Fri Feb 2 09:44:52 PST 2001

Steve Bell and Wrenches,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been a bit overwhelmed by the volume
of postings.

We have one ST1500 in the field with 12 AstroPower 120-watt modules. We are
seeing the same cut out then restart problem at a reading in the low 600s
(616, 617, 618). On some occasions it will indicate output in the low 600s
when the kW-h meter that was also installed indicates minimal or no power
output.We also see the unit settle for extended periods at a reading of  438
when it should be putting out much more.

The info I'm getting from Trace (second hand) is that there is some kind of
interaction between the module output and the inverter that is causing these
problems.

We are working to get a replacement from Trace.

I'm glad I only have one out there.

Pat Kiernan

Eco Electric, Inc.
PO Box 2389