Leads [RE-wrenches]

Charlie Robb, Element Engineering element.eng at quista.net
Fri Feb 2 05:57:40 PST 2001

>>I agree.  As long as the subject says "Lead", then we
>>have the choice of deleting or reading.
>
>It also allows folks to filter message with "Lead" in the subject
>line to the trash.

You beat me to it with the filtering tip, but you can also go one better
with filters and set them up to automatically delete all leads except the
ones in your own state or nearby states:

First set a filter to move any incoming mail with "RE-wrenches", "Lead"  and
the state you want  (eg
CA) in the subject line to your wrenches (or whatever) folder. You have to
specify all three things, not just "CA" otherwise all messages with words
including the letters CA will be diverted.
Then set a filter to delete any mails with "RE-wrenches" and "Lead" in the
subject line.

The filters have to be in this sequence otherwise all leads will be deleted.
This works for me in Outlook express, I expect other email programs can
manage it too.

I'd say keep the Leads in, and let people choose for themselves what they
want to receive. Anyone got any "UK" ones for me to filter...?!

Charlie

Charlie Robb
Element Engineering

Please note new address:
77 Society Road
South Queensferry
Edinburgh
EH30 9XP      UK

Tel: 0131 331 5835
Fax: 0131 331 5848
Mobile: 07887 991866

"Disclaimer:

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee and may contain
information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print
or rely on this e-mail.  If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this
e-mail."

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: