More inverter info [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dpratt at pacific.net
Wed Jan 31 19:06:43 PST 2001

carl reuter wrote:

> After hearing the feedback from others on the Solarex panels and even
> the lack of total performance from the poly- crystallines in general,
> I think I'll stick with the mono-crystalline modules. I know siemens
> are hard to beat but who else would you guys consider to be in the
> same class. Id sold a lot of Solec before they stopped making the
> mono-crystallines and had been to their factory a few times picking up
> seconds( they always seemed to generate an unusual amount of them) but
> they are history for now , so who's a good runner up? Carl Reuter

BP and Astropower are both good single-crystal manufacturers, with a
good track record, and stable models that are available year after year
(unlike Solec, which seemed to change their offerings almost as often as
their underwear).  Astropower, however, is having a real tough time
delivering enough product lately. Get a firm delivery date from them.
-Doug Pratt

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: