Real Goods & Siemens panels [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Fri Jan 5 16:30:10 PST 2001

Not to speak for Kurt but here it goes...  and I also too am affected by
CRS...Kurt said something like the deal fell through because Real Goods
offered to buy them back for a few more dollars than Kurt had offered after
the deal was finalized.  Kurt had been speaking to the resort directly and
they were very disappointed in the system the Real Goods had designed and
sold them (go figure the odds of that).  Turns out they were running the big
diesel generators all the time.

I guess we need to thank Real Goods for a big black eye on the solar
industry.  Maybe Real Goods has a $129 tofu hemp wrapped compress that they
would sell us to ease the swelling.

Travis
----------
>From: "Don Loweburg, Offline" <i2p at aol.com>
>To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
>Subject: Re: Real Goods & Siemens panels [RE-wrenches]
>Date: Fri, Jan 5, 2001, 6:12 PM
>

>In a message dated 01/05/2001 3:45:49 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>ozsolar at ipa.net writes:
>
><< I believe these are the same panels the Kurt of the "Solar Guys" was trying
> to sell to the RE-Wrenches @ 180 a piece. >>
>Me too. Funny thing. After I read michaels quest for info on this situation,
>I was cleaning old stuff and bingo , a glossy RG promo featuring a big
>Belise project. My question is did the site go belly up or did they rip out
>the PV because they did not want it. I'd love to get some more background on
>this. I take it personally when I hear of PV projects bein dismantled.
>Don

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: