SW low amp battery charging/AC/grid [RE-wrenches]

jay peltz jay at asis.com
Fri Jan 5 13:49:34 PST 2001

Hi Allan,

I have heard you all and have taken it very much to heart.  So I am suggesting
that they go with 2/0 AL will do 20 amps at around5% loss at full power.

In regards to bring in PG&E proper, they just don't want to do it.  Just so you
all know the way it works is you put up $1500 then they come up and do the job
and then tell you how much it is.  You cannot get them to come out and say
"around xx".  Its all or none so to speak.  My guess for them to hook up with
the Grid proper would be like $7-10  ( 7-10$ per foot).  If I can do it for
like 2500$, well who am I to tell the customer what to do??

Thanks all its a big help!!

jay

allan at positivenergy.com wrote:

> Jay, just a suggestion...
> Assuming you're burying the wire in a trench, either use big conduit or big
> wire, so that 5 years from now a new owner or a new Great Idea doesn't get
> you cussed out for installing an expensive something that is useless for
> anything other than what you're doing, or a nicely done driveway light...It
> sounds penny wise and pound foolish to me.
> Allan @+E
>
> - - - - - - -
> To send a message:
>  RE-wrenches at topica.com
>
> The archive of previous messages:
>  http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/
>
> To unsubscribe send a message to:
>
> To check out the other RE-Wrench participants:
>  www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/index.html
>
> Hosted by Home Power magazine:
>  www.homepower.com
>
> For info contact list moderator by email:
>  michael.welch at homepower.com

> T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
> Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Your Favorite Topics
> Manage your email with MyTopica: http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01/my

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

 michael.welch at homepower.com