Xantrex SW Series [RE-wrenches]

Wallace Stahle, Future Elec. Energy Co. wstahle at slonet.org
Fri Dec 14 11:28:39 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Pratt" <dpratt at pacific.net>

> Both Vanner and Advanced Energy have battery-based, utility Intertie
> capable inverters with UL 1741 and CEC approval.  Both are relatively
> new products.  This would be a great time for anyone with any hands-on
> experience with either of these alternative-to-brand-X inverters to
> speak up!

Howdy Wrenches

I have one of the first production models of the Vanner RE-24 4500 DGT (Dual
phase, Grid Tie)  It was more like a beta test unit initially when I first
installed it last January.
Consequently, I left the Vanner TSC ( also true sine wave)on that site and
found a more local customer who was ready for an alternative to brand X.  I
reinstalled the RE24 in June and with a software upgrades and some program
tweaking the unit proceeded to perform as expected.  The batteries are in
float mode and the RE sends the excess juice from the Solar Boost 50 to the
grid. Vanner tech help was very responsive to the initial problems and were
eager to provide me the info I needed to fine tune the unit.
It has a separate remote control that provides info and programming options.
The unit can also be monitored, controlled, and reprogrammed  through the
ICC (Inverter Charger Control) for Windows program.

The wonderful thing about this unit is it's 240/120 volt output. No shared
neutral hassles, no input or output transformer required, no jumping phase
buss's in critical load sub panels (lugs often not listed for two wires),
and if more wattage is required the units can be stacked, though that is
still some months away at this point.

Also, the inverter DC input is on top and AC input/output on the bottom with
conduit access  for each on either the left or right side.

Hope that helps. Feel free to inquire for more info or where you can get one
of these or check out their web site.  www.vanner.com   They list at $ 4495
with the remote control.

Untill next time,  Wally

Future Electric Energy Co.