Trace UL and stupidity [RE-wrenches] + Islanding Patent

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 28 19:10:38 PST 2001

Rob,

Thanks for explaining the events that led to getting your patent. Your
forthcoming attitude reminds me of open information sharing that JPL Pasadena
facilitated before Reagan PV R&D cuts. Yesterday a friend showed me his copy of
"Legislative Developments in Solar Energy During 1980." Old PVers hope that
young Bush will not follow in old Republicans footsteps, but the first sentences
of this report may be sadly foreboding.

"On June 20, 1979, President Carter committed the Nation to a goal of meeting
one fifth of our energy needs with solar and renewable resources by the end of
the century. Since establishing that goal, the complexion of the energy scene in
the United States has been changed by legislation and political events. Though
the impact of Ronald Reagan's election cannot be minimized, it is difficult to
assess in advance the ultimate affect it will have on the future of solar
energy."

(When will they ever learn?)

Best regards,
Joel Davidson

Rob Wills wrote:

> Bill - I would like to set the record straight on this.

<snip>

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm