SB304- SB50 limits [RE-wrenches]

sunwise at cheqnet.net sunwise at cheqnet.net
Tue Nov 13 00:26:33 PST 2001

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection wrote:

please put the 1" instead of the 1/2" KOs closest to the back of the
controller.
> bob-O

Yup, I'd ask for more KO options in general.  Why only half inch and one
inch?  3/4 and bigger??  I've used 3/4 inch liquid tight and bushings on
the RV end on the last couple SB50's I installed.  The L.T. gives you
that little bit of flexibilty to off-set things.

Speaking of off-sets and knock-outs, why isn't the outside edge of all
holes, perhaps measured from the back of the box, standarized and in
uniform paterns?  Could RV take a good look at the DC250 and Outbacks DC
version prior to modifing KO's.  A lot of time is spent in the install
getting everything all lined up and hooked together, even before you get
any wire out of the truck!

PS - I came close to breaking a screwdriver on the 1/2 inch KO I took
out yesterday.  I even had to holster the linesman's plyers and go get a
carpenter's hammer.

Kurt Nelson

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com