third Party Installations [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Tue Nov 6 13:45:29 PST 2001

Joel,
> 4. It is not bad for the industry to sell things at lower prices to volume
customers.

Yes it is, in this field. That's how the
Solar-cheaper-than-you'll-ever-be.coms persist. It's fine for selling fruit
baskets or Ginzu Knives. What all of the wrenches I read are telling you is
that PV isn't do-it-yourself stuff, it's something that needs good design,
good education, and good installation. An installing dealership, if it's
really done well, will never be a volume purchaser of hardware, because
volume sales and proper design & installation are mutually exclusive
approaches.

Trace/Xanthrax changed their pricing structure in part to weed out the
dotcommers, because they had observed that the do-it-yourselfers had a way
higher rate of problem calls. They made it more difficult for those who
failed to give support and service to compete with the low-volume,
high-support Wrenches.
Allan at Positive Energy

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com