sunslates [RE-wrenches]

Lee Tavenner, Solar Plexus solplex at montana.com
Thu Oct 18 15:53:33 PDT 2001

Yes, the Atlantic Sunslates.
We have had very good experience with them.
No installation goes perfectly, I see the drawbacks in Sunslates as
evolving away as they gradually move the production to the U.S.  Most of
the drawbacks have to do with delivery time and adapting the newly
manufactured pieces to the system until they're just right.  Joe and Tosho
at Atlantis are willing to make the glitches right by you.
With one on the ground and two on the roof we put up the 6KW in two 12 hour
days.  The newer slates are anti-glare and with the Siemens cells they look
for all the world like gray slate. No one will know it's solar unless
they're told. The systems cost about 20% more than regular panel systems,
but you are getting a 50 year roof out of the deal as well. And you don't
have a billboard in your yard.
We haven't done other solar integrated building material.  I think it is
the future and I'd like to see a slue of other products out there.  We bid
a Power Guard system for the local library, but the grant hasn't been
approved yet.  That seems like another great product to work with and we're
looking forward to getting a chance at it.  We have also bid a few unisolar
standing seam steel systems, but nothing done yet.  These all seem like
great products and they are bound to be the future with grid-tie now a fact
of life.
Lee

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm